WHAT WE BELIEVE
WE BELIEVE AT CAPRI CHRISTIAN CHURCH
- • The name “Christian” means ‘belonging to Christ’, a name acceptable to all , not divisive or sectarian. It is used in the name because the congregation has no denominational affiliation, and desires to be know simply as a church belonging to Christ. The church is a non-profit corporation, tax exempt, self-governing, and not subject to any other religious organization.
- •. The Bible, accepted as the inspired message of God, is the basis for faith and practice. If the Bible is clear on any matter, the congregation seeks to abide by it. If the Bible is silent or not clear, we are free to have our personal opinion.
- •. Because of sin we have separated ourselves from God. We can never make this right with God on our own; no amount of trying to be good or doing good works on our own will ever suffice. But salvation is a free gift of God paid for by Jesus’ death on the cross in our place with His blood as the payment for all who will accept God’s gift of grace (Hebrews 9:22).
- •. The Bible teaches we receive salvation BY God’s Grace with the blood of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 9:22) THROUGH Faith (Ephesians 2:8) and IN Baptism God will wash us and put the Indwelling Spirit within us (Acts 2:38) with the RESULT of this saving being good works (Ephesians 2:10)
- “Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ”. Romans 10:17. Are you reading God’s Word to see what God has promised to do to save you?
ORDINANCES GIVEN BY JESUS TO THE LOCAL CHURCH
One Becomes a Member of Capri Christian by having already received/or is ready to receive salvation BY God’s Grace: 1) THROUGH Faith (as the means) 2) IN Baptism (as the time) 3) FOR Good Works (as the result)
An Associate Membership is offered to those who live here only part of the time and wish to retain membership where they live the rest of the time.
Can we help you to become a Christian? If you have questions or need someone to search the scriptures, if we can pray for you or help you in other ways, please let us know.
Consider what the Bible says God promises to do for the believer who obeys the command of Jesus to be immersed…
- God washes our sin away (Acts 2:38 / Acts 22:16)
- God gives us the Indwelling Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38)
- We die to sin & God raises us to new life (Romans 6:3-4)
- Baptized in the Spirit for unity (I Corinthians 12:13)
- God clothes us with Christ (Galatians 3:26-27)
- God cleanses us with Jesus (Ephesians 5:25-27)
- God buries our old self with Christ (Colossians 2:11-13)
- God saves us through the washing of rebirth (Titus 3:5)
- God answers our appeal toward a clear conscience (I Peter 3:21)
How wonderful it is to be able to say I believe that God has done what He promised to do when He said He will do it when I have done everything that my Lord has asked of me.